Sunday, October 5, 2008

"LADYTARDS AND NAZNICS"

You know those great misinterpreted words that your children use? Meris has said "ladytard" for leotard for as long as I can remember. I cannot tell her the truth because I cannot bear to hear her say it properly. She does now, however, say gymnastics rather than "naznics". Kiera has taken over in this department, but she adds a delightful twist by saying "naznicths" due to an endearing little lisp. I overheard Meris talking to a classmate about her "ladytard" the other day, this girl had the most enormous "what the?" look on her face. And Meris simply could not understand why her words were not being understood. I kind of skulked away. It might be time to let her in on a little pronunciation lesson. I am a bad Mommy!!!!!

Here they are in all their glory!


16 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

Your girls are about as cute as you can get. Oh my - your last post was oh so sad! Good thing those pics came along on a day like that!!

Kristin

PS - I love reading your posts - you crack me up!

Julie said...

Cutest Ladytard Wearers Ever.

jody said...

ladytards-hahahahaha. I love it. I love the words they come up with, then they become regular vocab words around here and then all the suddent you catch yourself saying them to someone from "the outside" and you feel a little odd. I usually don't correct them either b/c it is so stinkin cute-but my poor 3rd grader came home in tears b/c her friends laughed at her for saying "skabetty" for dinner and then i felt a little bad...(for the other kids who laughed at my daughter!! I will not make scary mean faces at them next time I'm up at school, I will not make scary mean faces......)

jody said...

and btw, my favorite part of ladytard wearing is the chubby legs and underwear sticking out-so cute! Keeps my little ballerinas humble I say-hard to be snooty with disney princess undies pooching out your legholes....

Our journey said...

Love the ladytards. These are the things I never want to forget.

Leann said...

We take Nashtics at our house!! Your girls are so cute (as is your little guy)

Lee Ann said...

And they are so cute in those ladytards. I can't believe how big they're getting. You're not a bad mommy:-) I hate to correct my kids and get mad when Steve does. They won't be ladytards forever.

Mary said...

I think that's what they SHOULD be called!! I love Meris... so innocent and sweet :-)

Anonymous said...

oh my--could they BE any cuter!? seriously!

missy said...

my husband and i have n ongoing conflict over this very thing...he corrects their mispronunciations and i revel them. glad to know you are on my side. darling girls!

Dawn said...

HILARIOUS and incredibly adorable!!! Love it!!

Eryn said...

So cute! I love those silly little words...Hayden's favorite thing is his "Beleez"which was his way of saying "pretty" when he was one. It's his fave blankee. It was so soft and pretty, makes sense to me!I love ladytards! So cute!

Michael and Michelle said...

We will need to email each other tomorrow after our phone calls.

Funny post!!

Michelle

Sunny said...

Jana,

I just have to tell you that I wish we lived closer to one another. Your family looks like they have a blast. I would love to get in on some hang out time with you guys.

Sunny =)

Leann said...

Love your new background. Any news yet?

Gypmar said...

"Ladytard" is my new favorite made-up word. My only sorrow is that I have no occasion to use it. Those girls of yours are delightful.