Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!


I have been tagged by my friend Amy to tell you 7 random little factoids about myself. I REALLY enjoy reading about all these little oddities about all my buddies.

1. I AM A RECOVERING GRANOLA GIRL. I used to be an outdoor mama, as in unshaven legs mountain girl. During my college summers I was a river raft guide on the American River and spent my time toiling the days away yelling at people to paddle faster. Now, mama can be a little bit of a princess (at least in my estimation).

2. I LIVE FOR MY DAILY RATION OF DIET COKE. I told my husband the other day that I actually get the butterflies of excitement thinking about drinking it. Can you say it with me...ADDICT.

3. I CAN NEVER EVER GET ANY COMMON SAYINGS CORRECT. So as in if a child of mine ate a ton of food, I will sagely point out to anyone that will listen that "Boy! She must have a wooden leg!" but rather it should be that she has a hollow leg.

4. I HAVE A MAJOR AVERSION TO SWEAT. I'm fine if it's me sweating but I cannot stand to touch anyone who is even slightly sweaty. I handle blood and vomit without any problem at work, but sweat? I've a got a problem on my hands.

5. I LOVE FUN SOCKS. I only wear socks to work so I always pick ones that are fun. Hearts, bumble bees, m&m's, flowers, etc, you name it, I've got it. Otherwise (just like Amy), I will be in flip-flops. And yes, I have the same dirty feet too!

6. TARGET IS MY BIGGEST DOWNFALL. I go in for dish soap, I leave with a jog bra, book, toy for the kids, candy, and fun socks (see above). That place has chemicals that are distributed through the vents that cause me to buy new shirts for $3.99.

7. I HAVE BEEN CORRECTED BY MY HUSBAND, MY BIGGEST DOWNFALL IS TRADER JOES. I truly do live for this grocery store. It is my answer to all things food. Perfect chocolate. Perfect wine. Perfect pastas. Perfect everything.

And now....I am tagging the following people:

Mary
Julie
Jody
Kristin
Leann
Eryn
Gypsy

8 comments:

Gypmar said...

I think the big headline here is that you ONLY WEAR SOCKS TO WORK!

Eryn said...

I did it!

Julie said...

Hey Jana, I did the tag,
http://theeyesofmyeyesareopened.blogspot.com/2008/10/tagged-movie-soundtrack-edition.html
(Well, I changed it a little) If you would like to do it, I tag you back. (:
My brother always says that Target has a $100 entrance fee (you end up paying 100 bucks before you get out of there, even though you just went for deodorant.)
I love that you get your idioms wrong, absolutely adorable,

Our journey said...

Ooh, Target. If we didn't live 30 minutes away from one I might have a major problem too. I am going today though. I wonder what adorable thing for my daughter I can walk away from there with. I get butterflies from an ice cold, fizzy Pepsi One : )

missy said...

i also love trader joe's, target, and diet coke. and i'm all for arranged marriages, so bring it on!

Gypmar said...

FYI, I'm not ignoring the tag, I've just been catching up on my posting :) I'm getting there!

Oh--and I'm planning to do a post asking for people's input on their favorite (and least favorite) Trader Joe's items, so I expect to see some wine recommendations from you in the comments!

Dawn said...

I'm the EXACT same way with sweat!! It drives my husband crazy, but I can't stand it. NASTY! I made one exception...when my husband finished his marathon I did give him a hug, but that's it!

Leann said...

Jana, I promise I will e-mail you directly when I get my travel call. I have heard NADA!!!