
except that she was I think at least twice as big (you know how these stories grow!) So I basically slammed straight into her and that was that. I really like animals and this made made me very sad. It made my car sad and that in turn made me even more sad and well, it eventually made my husband extremely sad. Oh such sadness!! So it pretty much disabled the car and did I happen mention that I forgot my cell phone? So poor me, I am out there in the middle of the night pulled off the freeway trying to flag someone down. Any axe murderers need an opportunity? Here I am. Totally available. No axe murderers to be found, thankfully. I did however, meet my new best friend who helped me lift up the bumper, stuff it under itself and make the car at last capable of limping home. So I did creep home, having to stop every few minutes to re-stuff said bumper. Oh the humanity! So then when I got home, I slept a couple of hours and woke up feeling so fresh and kind to all those around me. Ha! We then took "Rosebud" the deer killing wonder-mobile to the body shop. And you bet there was some wonderful news at that establishment! Thank you sweet Jesus for car insurance. Then....I have to go get these...

"Oh my we saw something on your xrays this time....we're going to have to get those wisdom teeth out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I think I need to cry now. Really. Right now.
I trudge my sorry little self home, thank goodness we still have one working car!
And do you know what came in the mail? A CD filled to the brim with glorious pictures of our sweet Elias. He is gorgeous, happy, healthy and completely perfect. And all the yuck of the day just kind of floated away. Not to mention that the courts in Ethiopia opened back up today. Now every day that goes by...a little closer to bringing him home.
9 comments:
oh those days stink. totally. and for the record, they have been on my case to get my wisdom teeth out for EIGHT years and I kept being pregnant/nursing and then they cancelled it one time so, I still have them. And they tease me that somepeople will go to any length to no t have them removed and how many kids am I planning to have??? Stupid dentistry. Yay for Elias pictures!!! Yay courts open!!It will be here SO SOON! You're gonna GET HIM!!!
Oh Jana! What a day! I am glad you are ok after your run-in, but sorry about the car. We have lots of totaled cars in our area, because we have lots of deer. They are't very smart just stepping in front of tons of metal. I am so pleased you had joy at the end of the day with your little guy. I am praying fpr your court date.
Amy
Oh my goodness! That is a bad day!...well up until the awesome day part! So glad you got more pictures. I can't wait to see the words "travel date" on your blog.
What a day!! Aren't the pictures a great way to lift you out of any funk, though?!?!? We got ours yesterday too. Can't wait to hold him, and to meet yours!! I'd love to see pics -- e-mail me offline.
radleann@yahoo.com
Sorry about the car, the deer, and the teeth... can't wait to see the pics of little Elias. I am using the word "little" very loosly here of course :-)
Wow. Sorry about the deer, and the car, and the teeth, and the fact that it seems like you must never have a solid, deep night's sleep!
Glad to hear your craptastic day was lightened by the arrival of the beautiful pictures of young Elias.
I waved to you on my way down the coast! Next time we will have to meet for yummy central coast vino.
Oh man - your day sounds strangly familiar. Except Brian hit a coyote and it was about 2 weeks later I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I suppose now I know to be grateful that it didn't all happen in one day!! I never would have guessed. The teeth are not so bad actually - just happened a month ago and it was just an excuse to have Jamba Juice a few times and take a nice nap. Except I don't have 2 kids so maybe a nice nap isn't in your mommy dictionary... So happy to hear you got so many pictures of Elias!!! WooHoo!
Oh my! What a horrible thing to deal with. I am glad you are safe...that had to be scary. I had my wisdom teeth out many yrs ago and it was not pleasant...so bad I went ahead and kept 2 !! LOL! But now things are done much easier. Hang in there :) Cant wait to see pics of your cutie. Btw I love the s & the city reference ;) Maria
Sorry...sometimes I think people can read my mind LOL! I meant the "me likey" is a quip from Sex and the City. I am a fan :) And I love the necklace too. Maria
Post a Comment