We finally decided on a name for our sweet little boy...Elias. To be clear, that is not his current name given by his birth mother. We are reserving that very special name for his middle name.
So I think crossing over the threshold of September was huge for us, WE ARE BOTH REALLY EXCITED. So excited that I started shopping for our trip. Why are those little travel things so dang cute? I am a sucker for all of it! Could I not have wadded up a bunch of toilet paper into a ziplock bag and called it good? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I could not pass up on that cute little roll of Charmin in its cute little container!
Here's the rest of the room...
Changing area (Meris was very displeased that I changed Kiera on it, "it needs to be all clean for brother!!!")sorry...
Center rug
Photo-holder bulletin board- I made this with the matching receiving blankets
The bags that are in the crib...my version of organization. I'm starting to put all the appropriate stuff in the right bag. Trying to visualize how much room for all those donations, can't wait for that!!
Thanking God today that He is getting us through this crazy wait.
15 comments:
How exciting Jana! The room looks great and aren't you just so crafty with your photo-holder bulletin board! How fun to start getting ready to travel. Where in the world did you find travel size charmin?! Love it.
Amy
oooo! i love it!! VERY cute name and cute nursery!!
Love the nursery! Very cute!!
Beautiful! Good work, I think I'll get the crib set up just to hold the paper bags of donations. Good idea!
Erin
I'm SO excited for you (and hope I'm someday in your shoes :-)
Love the blanket idea for the photo board. Great idea.
Love the name and the room. Can't wait to see those beautiful eyes of that babe.
Very nice!! I love the name!
It's Sept. 5 today...in one month from now the courts will be open....actually open for a week!!
I can't wait to meet you in DC!! Soon and very soon we will have our babies in our arms.
Michelle
Oh the wicked siren call of the travel sized packaging...who can resist it????? Forget that it is is like 75 gagillon times the price per unit of the big size-it is CUTE for crying out loud!! I hear ya sister...
and oh my gosh, you will be BRINING ELIAS HOME to that room!! hello?? can you wrap your mind around that awesomeness???? God rocks.
Love the name - love the room! It's so perfect for a baby boy! Can't wait to see him! Kim
how cute is that room?? We've run out of room around here..not sure where we'll be putting our sweet LUcy....We have a few months to think about it...You're almost there, kristi
Hey Jana,
Cute nursery! And the name... I actually gasped out loud when I saw it. Brian and I aren't making any decisions until we see what our son's name is because we want to incorporate that name either as first or middle BUT Elias has been #1 on the list for quite some time. So obviously I LOVE the name :)
Autumn
Beautiful name. Love the cute nursery stuff and I am DEFINITELY buying the cute tp rolls. (:
Ahh I love the nursery!!! It is seriously to cute. And Elias is such a good pick I have heard of a little boy whose Ethiopian name was Elias! Kinda cool!
Jana, I love the room!! Our baby will be sharing a room with his 2 year old big brother, so I haven't really had the opportunity to "nest" over this one. Since we already have a boy, I don't even get to buy many clothes! Can't wait until October!!
Dear Jana,
Thank you for your beautiful thoughts on my blog. It has helped me immensely. I mean it... immensely.
It's so exciting to see his name up on the wall, as well as your pile of supplies! Shaun's cousin and his wife will be traveling to India to pick up their daughter Sunita about the same time you guys are off to get Elias, and watching them make their preparations helps me feel more connected to you guys doing the same. Again, SOOO exciting!
Post a Comment