Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN AND BIRTHDAY FUN!

On a Halloween 6 years ago...I had our first baby. You have to understand that I desperately DID NOT want Meris born on Halloween. My Mom was born on Christmas and has pretty much gotten the short end of the stick ever since. A Halloween baby? Even worse in my book. Halloween being a bit ghoulish for my taste and then all those missing cats(cat lover here, big time)...didn't really add up to being my favorite holiday. But alas, when one gives birth on a holiday such as this, well, you gotta go big. So every year at our house, Halloween is pretty much a huge deal. And we always have fun.









My, oh, my, what a sweet girl you are.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

My dad was born on Halloween and my mom on Christmas. At least it was always easy to remember their birthdays when I was growing up! (Just think of how much her husband will appreciate it when she grows up! Or not. Its depressing to think of our kids grown-up...)
Agonizing with you over the wait,
Sarah
STILL #8 (girls)

Julie said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!

Mary said...

Sweet indeed!! We love you Meris!!!!

jody said...

I totally understand-I always said I would never have my kids on a holiday like Christmas (to which God slapped His thigh and threw His head back and laughed b/c I like to think I control these things) and so when we were suprised by our first pregnancy and her due date was 12/29, I was so upset. Well, she ended up being born on December 31st, 1999 (you know, of the Y2K panic??? remember the "supply your bomb shelter with canned goods and bottled water!!" business? yeah, then) But it gives us a big reason to party on New Year's Eve and she gets nationwide fireworks and celebration on her b-day so I guess it all worked out. plus it is easy to remember how old she is since she is whatever year it is (as in, she's 8 in 2008-easy for frazzled mom!!) I prayed myself silly for y'all last nite and today-I so want to hear good news!!!!

RachelCaitlin said...

Awww they look so cute!!! I was expecting Meris to be one of the Princesses, I was surprised to see her as Minnie lol. :p And the little headband thing on Kiera is ridiculously adorable.

Lee Ann said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm sure you find lots of ways to make the day special just for her.

Gypmar said...

Following your beautiful family on your blog makes me so happy.

I look back to the two of us in 2nd grade and the things we contended with growing up, and I see our families now and I shake my head and say (with joy) "Look what God has done!"

Melissa said...

Jana--love that little face of hers--HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet girl!!!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Jana,

She's beautiful. Praying for your sweet boy.

Maria and Family said...

Happy birthday sweet baby girl!! Hope it was wonderful :)