Oh my goodness, we are busy around here!! We are still in such a state of shock over getting the news that our sweet Elias passed through court. I literally ran around the house just screaming and then just fell on my knees in thankfulness. Kiera looked very confused over all the ruckus. We leave Thursday, November 20 and will return the day after Thanksgiving. I think we are flying out of Ethiopia around noontime on Thanksgiving, too cool!
We have been told that Elias is very rotund, which I just love. His last weight measurement was 21 pounds!!! That, my friends, is not a typo. We will bring 12 month old clothes for a baby that just turned 5 months old today. WOW!!
I am finally worried about leaving our little ladies. Meris has been very clingy and tearful. In the past we've been away for 5 days, so I tried to convince her that it was just a wee bit longer than that. They'll be livin' it up with Oma, Opa and Auntie Lissa. They won't even give us thought:) And to just be clear, I did not leave them in the suit cases for any extended period of time:)
21 comments:
I love that you posted. I have been checking your blog like a mad woman! I hear you on wanting to take the other kiddo's but yet not really wanting to...31 hours on a plane....Well I am extatic for you and can only hope that we will pass each other in the air. A girl can hope right? Oh and I thought Liam was big? 20 lbs? Holy stinkin cow (LOL)
12 month clothes!!!! Oh my! You do have a BIG boy! I so wish we could bring our family.....kinda.....travel with a 5 year old and 2 year old would not be fun!
See you in 9 days!!!!!WoooHoooo!
Michelle
Wow! He sounds healthy and chubby! How great! I'm so excited for you guys!
what a moose-i love it!! i think those suitcases would go over the weight limit, too, with those girlies in there!! i'm so psyched for you guys-how awesome!! i'm stuck with a super lame-o thanksgiving this year-yours will certainly not be and will be one to remember forever!!
This pic is to cute! thanks 4 yesterday. It was so nice just to be w/ you and visit a bit! All I wanted was to just see you before you left. Thoughts & prayers are w/ you guys and we'll be awaiting your return w/ little Elias in your arms. Just wanted to give you a preview of what 21lbs would feel like too!
My friend has a 20lb 5 month old and we call him the "cast iron baby." He is as solid as a rock. I am glad you will finally get to see his cute chunky monkey thighs.
How wonderful! I am so completely excited for you---Elias is sucha luck boy to be coming home to his new and fabulous loving family. Praying for your safe travels...
How FUN!!! A new baby in the house!
I just can't even imagine how excited you must be!
Praying for you!
I tagged you:)
You have LOTS to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!! SOOO excited for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of the little chunk!!
I tagged you, too so get to it, I mean, you have NOTHING else going on!!!
So happy for you!! You are going to continue to float on cloud 9 !!
Guess I'm the 3rd person to tag you. Sent the scrubs today. You should get them Mon or Tues. Hope I didn't send too many!!
We are so excited for you!!! We'll be keeping you in our prayers this Thanksgiving. Can't wait to meet your little guy!
Whoa! Holy cow, I cannot believe your "little" one is already 21 pounds! That's incredible. I love chunky babies. I'm torn between wanting a teeny tiny one and a really chunky one. Hmmm...who are we kidding, we'll take any baby! Every baby! Just someone get me a baby!
Congrats and keep packing! I can't wait to hear about your trip and finally see pics of your "little" man!
That is awesome - chunky monkey is right - I LOVE it :)!! Praying for you on your trip. The picture of your girls is sooo cute!!
Woo hoo!
Such happy news all over the place! My husband's cousin and his wife fly to India tomorrow to get their daughter. I just love it. I will definitely be praying for your trip and for your precious girls...their time away from you and the adjustment for all five of you upon your return.
Thanks for taking the time to pray and support us during this amazing time for you! There's a house down the street from us for sale... :)
That is a GREAT pic! i am so excited for you to meet your little man. i remember how MUCH my heart ached for my other children while we were away too. I have been thinking about you so much, and Michelle too! it is SOOO close!!
praying for safe travel! Can't wait to learn more!
Praying for safe travels for you and peace in the heart of your two little ones as they wait for their mommy, daddy and new little brother to come home!!!
Post a Comment