So it's summer time and that my friends is potting training weather baby! So we have been naked around here and by "we" do not be afraid, I am simply referring to our little lady Kiera. We are big time into "pinceth pantithies"(princess panties) and "melmo waibow"(elmo rainbow), parentheses for those who do not speak 2 year old lisp-ese. So we chill naked even at dinner time and she is lovin' it! She is loving it, not so much dear poor Rob. Enter story....I am at the salon seeing Carlos, getting the full works, essential oil scalp and neck rub, color and cut. My dear sweet husband is doing pool(and by pool, I mean 3 foot diameter plastic pool)duty and senses a very offending order generating from said pool. Like I'm talking a major sewer spill smell and then notices that the pool color has changed from a nice clearish color to a decidedly brown color. Hmmmmm, he uses his investigative powers and goes over to special swimming place (mistake #1). He realizes that potty training child has missed her target. Daddy takes little lady inside house (major mistake #2). He then places our little darling on the changing table (and all the mommies shout "nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!" in unison)because all the poo poo water that has been stored up in her little swim diaper has now exploded all over the changing table and has sloshed itself onto the floor. Awesome!!! And me??? I am still enjoying sweet aromatherapy and my nice little organic tea!
And then to really top off my simply perfect day, I come home to my other addiction, checking the yahoo group for All God's Children(our adoption agency). And much to my pleasure, we have had super fantastic news. First, 2 families that have been stuck in limbo for their adoptions have been cleared to pick up their children. Oh my gosh, I still am tickled to death. And then....if my math is correct, we just might be #1 on the boy list. We have not gotten our official number but I think we may be headed to baby land!!!!!
9 comments:
In my defense, there was no carpet spillage. The toxins in the air affected the synapses firing in my brain. I forgot that the swimmy diaper doesn't hold the liquid inside - oops.
Said child was later hosed down outside then sprayed with lysol (read soap).
This is so hilarious! And a totally classic daddy oops... Plus those swimmy diapers are pretty worthless so don't be too hard on him :) Congrats on #1! I am so thrilled to not have my number yet because AGCI is too busy bringing babies home this week WAHOO!
Erin
I am praying you haven't got a call, because they are about to give you THE call! Love your story. We are about to start our naked summer here too. I heard boys are harder, but I really don't want two in diapers at once. I think he is going to need lots of reinforcement (bribes)!
Amy
what is the yahoo group for AGCI
We are going to do the naked potty training thing too, once we get back from vacation. Funny story!
Yeah Yeah Yeah! Hoping you the THE CALL instead of the call! :)
You are SO CLOSE!
Autumn
Too cute! I loved the post and then read your husband's comment...awesome! I hope you guys ARE #1!
Megan
This absolutely cracks me up! I love your husband's defense - I read the whole thing to my husband (who's not a big blog reader - he got a good laugh too)!
YEAH on possibly being #1!!!! Like Autumn said, hope you get the CALL!
Kristin
Wow! And wow again! We had to take Pastor John and family to Seattle, et al to hear the pending adoption news (he's a great communicator)! We are amazed and rejoicing with you at this new bundle from heaven :) Now we shall pray for the process. Hugs to all...
Post a Comment