Tuesday, July 8, 2008

SO HOW MUCH CAN ONE STUFF INTO A 1 GALLON ZIPLOCK?



So the parameters for sending your child a package are as follows: whatever you can get into a 1 gallon ziplock bag! I took this challenge very seriously. I was able to place a full size fleece blanket(you know for those Africa hot nights!:)), 4 outfits, a photo album and a rattle. You can only send 1 package, so I really wanted to send baby "A" as much as we could. We had fun shopping for BLUE!! Oh my what cute things for boys!!




Proud Papa!



Stoked Mama!




Sad Sissy!! (See, she has been forgotten and misplaced even now!!)

15 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

So funny!!! That's exactly how I felt! I finally vacuum sealed it! I sure hope IF we don't make court, we can send another packet!
Your daughter is so cute!
Michelle

Our journey said...

I will send all my stuff to you when it is my turn to send a package. What an amazing feat!!

Amy

C said...

You guys always make me laugh!!! You look like your always having fun, well except lil bit there she looked so sad!!! S happy for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SOOO FUNNY!! I am CRACKING up laughing at YOU.

Our Princess said...

That is hilarious! I was never told about the gallon zip lock rule! I wonder if all the stuff we sent fit (or if we could have fit more)!!! How exciting!

Three2Five said...

The poopy pool story is totally hilarious and you are so like me! I would be ramming EVERYTHING possible into that bag! Quantity all the way!

Julie said...

I am absolutely calling you when I am lucky enough to fill my own ziploc. I think you live in CA right? You are an expert packer.

Mary said...

Baby "A" doesn't even know how lucky he is to have such amazing "ziploc stuffing" parents. Wow... such a bright future in store for him!!!! So excited for you all. Don't worry Kiera, you will always be "baby girl"!!

Unknown said...

Your family is beautiful. I can't wait to travel with everyone. I'm so sure we'll all get that call together. C'mon Monday!

I wish I had piled a ton of stuff into G's bag, but I just sent her a scrapbook of our family. I'm saving the good stuff for my carry-on. (it makes me feel closer to her to have her doll with me.)

Julie D. said...

Jana! I ran into your old neighbors at SV Carnival last night and they filled me in on your blog! :) So fun to read a little of your life! Congratulations on your new baby boy! I hope you get to bring him home soon! How exciting. Your girls are absolutely beautiful. I'm a little envious of your So. Cal life (i grew up down there)...so I'll try not to look at your beach pics too long. We miss you guys. I blog too. Send me your email...I have to invite you! ;) juliedelamarter@yahoo.com

Julie Delamarter

Lee Ann said...

Oh my goodness Jana! I'm so excited to read more of your blog! I'm so ready to adopt from Ethiopia....Steve is not. I'm reading "There is no me without you" right now. I would love to talk about how you went through a pediatrician....got referral of a three week old and are hoping to get through court so quickly. In all my research that is not normal!

I could probably find some info on your blog...I'll keep looking. Looking forward to reading more. Hope you're doing well!

Lee Ann D.

Lee Ann said...

I just realized my blog thing sends you to the wrong blog. polaroppositesattract.blogspot.com

mhkesler said...

Hey Jana! Julie let me know about your blog....I am so excited for you guys to adopt! Matt and I realllly want to adopt from overseas someday, so I'l for sure be following your process!!That is so exciting! Eryn Kesler

Kristi R said...

Jana,
Carrie filled me in on your adoption, and then I read your blog - congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of him -when you can post them!
Love, Kristi

Our journey said...

I am praying for good news as you wait to travel. I pray God is working more miracles and you get through the courts befor ethe closure!

Amy