Sunday, March 29, 2009

WELL.....WE'VE GOT SOME BIG NEWS!!!!


You know how I got to go on a little vacation last week? While I was "vacationing" I also interviewed for a great job. I accepted the job offer and we are leaving California for Austin, Texas. We are tremendously sad to leave our friends and family but we are excited to see what God has planned for us in the great state of Texas!

25 comments:

jody said...

wow-congratulations!! i have heard GREAT things about Austin! Will you still be an anesthesia nurse? Give more details, please, I need to know everything about your life...

Julie said...

Congrats! CA will be a sadder place without you in it. Texas' gain is our loss.

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! At least you will still be in a warm state! :)

Samantha said...

What an exciting move! So sad you aren't moving back here though. =(
I thought you were going to announce your pregnant! =)

The Redman's said...

Congrats!!! Our pastor is from Austin. He refers to it as "The Mecca"! THe "patriotism" for Texas is incredible! I'm starting to think it might be its own little country. :) Pull out all your orange stuff and have fun!!!!

Michael said...

WoooHooo!! Good for you guys!!! What is Rob going to do.....will he stil pastor??? I hear that Texis is a GREAT place to live! When will you be moving??

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

nell ann said...

Texas is ABSOLUTELY a GREAT place to live and we are so THRILLED to have you join us! YAY!! And yes, Texas is like the Mecca, has actually been it's own country, and is lovely! We're excited about another family like us, too. YAY!

sixbergerons said...

Jana, I'm excited for you all. I just caught myself up a tiny bit on your blog. I NEED your current address desperately. I have a Christmas card to send to you. Seriously! I've been schooling the kids and working 30 hours a week. I'm just a little behind! Cara

Leann said...

Glad it's official!! Congratulations! WE're in Little Rock looking at houses right now -- hope to at least be negotiating by the time we leave. We will definitely have to meet halfway once we both get settled!

Michael and Michelle said...

I want to move too!!! I am sick snow...does it snow in Texas...Ha ha ha.... We will NEVER move:(
Email me when you have time:)I miss "talking" to you. I need an update picture of my son-in-law:)

Michelle

Gypmar said...

I KNEW it! I AM the only mother callous enough to cheerfully take a vacation all by herself.

Well, congratulations! Austin was on our very short list of places to try to move to before we ended up here. I'll enjoy living there vicariously through you :)

Kim said...

How lucky for Austin to have ya'll. You will be missed in a big way.
Kim

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!! How very very exciting for you!! I pray for a smooth transition. Are you trying to sell your place here? Do you have an ETA for when you'll land in Austin?

XOXO

The Gresham Clan said...

NO Way - CONGRATULATIONS (even though I was still hoping you'd move back to the NW :) )! That is super exciting Jana!! Now you'll really be cooking in the weather. I saw that there's no TJ's - is this true?! If so, how will you survive :)!!

Maria and Family said...

WOW. HOW VERY EXCITING!!! AUSTIN GETS GREAT REVIEWS ;)

Eryn said...

wow! That's awesome!

My hubby jokes that when Texas pulls out of the US union and becomes it's own country, we will move there. :)

Kristi J said...

congrats on the BIG move...so fun!! kristi

Lee Ann said...

Wow!!! That is BIG news! Tell us more! What's the job?

Padilla Fam said...

say WHAT?!?!? oh my goodness, we always knew you had a little Texan in ya Jana! keep us posted ok. love ya :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jana! I just happened to stumble across your blog! Remember me? I was sitting in front of you guys on the plane from DC to LA. I'm glad to things are going well with Elias. He is sooo big! My ELias is 13 months and just hit 19lbs! Congrats on the new job!

Christina said...

Wow, Jana! I'm excited for you but sad too, that after all these years of living within 10 minutes of each other, we may keep in touch better when you're in a different state! We'll keep you in our prayers. If you need boxes after the 13th, let me know and I'll give you some of ours after we unpack.

JonesEthiopia said...

Congrats! What a great adventure!

Laurzie said...

Wowie! That's so exciting! Congratulations!

Kimmie said...

How exciting...I've never been to Texas, but I hear it is a wonderful place to live.

bless you!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Unknown said...

Okay, I just have to comment here. Before we moved I came alone to visit for four days - had a great time - and bought a piece of land (in Texas you can do that without your spouse!) - we moved a month later! Welcome to TEXAS!!!
I can so relate to your great adventure. I hope you love it here. It's good livin'