Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!


Our sweet boy is getting so big!! 29 pounds to be exact!! He is becoming somewhat less demanding during the day, a little bit more willing to adventure around the house on his own. In full crawling mode, he is getting into everything. He will bypass all infant appropriate toys and head for anything that he really shouldn't play with. Which for whatever reason, always amazes me. It has taken me two kids to realize that the darn cardboard box will get more use than whatever thing I just HAD to buy them. I mean, really, how could you be more enthralled with that dog kibble than a nice whirly-twirly noise making machine? I really should clear out the whole house of toys and see them go to town. And I am actually quite the minimalist when comes to toys.

And then to other subjects...such as the last post. I am sugar, flour and diet coke free. And yes, I feel better but I am in mourning for my most dearest friends (mentioned above). I am hoping to just kind of reset the barometer of normal eating. Normal, is not eating swedish fish and rolos in front of the TV. Note to the husband who never gains weight and thinks this is normal...you are ruining my dietary life!!:) In his defense, this husband also runs just about every day. So fine, eat your stinking Jr. mints!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

jody said...

um, fish are heart healthy-don't you read the nutrition reviews??? and i am sure the swedish kind are the best-you know how those europeans always look so good and model-like, it is those special red fish from sweden!!

Dawn said...

NO diet coke??? is that even ok?? can you survive on NO diet coke?? this is a brand new concept for me.

Julie said...

He looks gorgeous! How can you give up Swedish fish?? Even the red ones??

Lee Ann said...

I NEEEEED him! Or one just like him :-)

Can you send daily pictures of him to my husband?

Kim said...

I could just stare at this picture all day. He is so darn lovable!

Gypmar said...

Soooo cute! And 29 pounds! That's what Willem weighed when he turned 3! (Granted, he was a shrimp.)

Drat those husbands and their ability to consume/burn three times as many calories as we can. It's bad for the morale.

Julie D. said...

oh my goodness...29 lbs?!? That is awesome. he is adorable.

Amy said...

Sweet boy!! Our daughter is now 15 months and weighs just shy of 17 pounds. What did they feed him?? =D O, and I'm with Gypsy!

Anonymous said...

WOW he is big and ADORABLE!! what a cutie Jana!! I am so glad things are going well. I know what you mean about playing with everything BUT the actual baby toys--why is the trash can and the stairs and the toilet SO fascinating?!?! :)

I am with you on the diet. [sigh] i miss flour. and i REALLY miss salt.

XOXO

Kimmie said...

Wow, what an absolute cutie.

I am amazed at how they are so much more interested in everything BUT they toys. With 7 kids, you think I too would have gotten a clue sooner. I have to say, this time I didn't buy anything...but so many have passed us their baby toys, that we HAVE quite a few to choose from. Less is definitely more.

Wow, your no sugar, no flour sounds very serious. Is that a Dr. Gott diet you are doing?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted