Thursday, April 9, 2009

DO YOU PANDORA and TWILIGHT??

I might be really slow on the go and this is super old news for you. But have you been to the website PANDORA? It is awesome! Someone that is very hip and cool brought it to my attention. So this is what you do...go to the website and type in your favorite singer/band. It then creates a play list of singers based upon your taste. As songs pop-up and play, you can "thumbs-up or thumbs-down" the song thus changing your play list more to your liking. So in the midst of packing and saying goodbye, I have been able to listen to all my favorites. And it's free. I don't need Cd's anymore and I only need Itunes for my Ipod. COOL!!!!





And then on to my other issue. The Twilight Saga. I put it off for a long time. Ummm...why would I choose to read a book about vampires? And even more cliche', they are good vampires. So then I read one. And then another. And then another. And now I am on the last one. I love them. I had to resist getting a Twilight T-shirt the other day. I mean c'mon, I am 36. I have daydreams of "running into" the cast of the movie. So don't delay if you were a naysayer like me, you will be "bitten" by the bug too. And just ignore that they were written for "young adults", we can all be adolescents together.

I should qualify my above paragraph slightly. Do I think it's fantastic writing? NO! Do I think that the writer got a little lazy? YES! Do I think it's very "shhmoopy"? YES But did I get lost in a fun story and enjoyed every minute of it?? A big YES!!!!!

7 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

Ahh, Twilight. I'm obsessed. It started with one of my students (who never reads) tearing through them in about 2 weeks... I decided I had to see what the fuss was about, so I picked up the first 2 b/c they were in paperback and figured I would just buy the other two when they came out in paperback, too, and keep them in my classroom. Well, I got hooked and of course had to buy the other two. I've even gone onto the author's website and read the "leaked" portion of Midnight Sun, Twilight from Edward's POV. Also excellently addictive. I liked the movie, too, but I would just prefer to read the series over again. For that, I'm waiting until summer when I'm off work. :)

Blog Shmog said...

I LOVE Pandora! Love it. Have no idea if I would love Twilight. :)

missy said...

i'm with you on pandora. with you on twilight. with you on the schmoopy, too. though i have never heard the term, it describes the books perfectly. the more i read your blog, the more I find that i'm "with you" on most everything.

PletcherFamily said...

I love Twilight too! I didn't think I would like it, but I couldn't stop once I started the series. The last book is pretty good - I knew what was going to happen going in, and I think that helped. :)

Your children are beautiful!

Eryn said...

Well, my friend, you know how I feel about twilight :) I was a big fat naysayer, rolling my eyes at my 30 something friends who loved this series. So I caved, decided to see what the big deal was about....I started last Saturday, and am currently almost done with book #3. I found myself lurking on www.twilightersanonymous.com today...how shameful is that! Just 2 weeks ago, I was mocking the grandiose Twilight display at Walmart...today, I just might buy and edward poster for my closet (JK, not really).

and pandora ROCKS!!

Dawn said...

ALL my friends have tried talking me into reading the books, but I keep telling them that I'm not reading about teenage vampires! But, I think may just have to try one.. just maybe.

p.s. word verification is sneaffer. haha thats a funny word.

The Gresham Clan said...

Ok, I was totally obsessed with those darn books and they stole like 2 weeks of my life!!!! How is it possible to get so hooked on teenage vampires - I try to explain it all to my husband, but he's a man - he doesn't get it :)! Right there with you - loved them, but glad I'm done reading them so I can get back to life :)!