Friday, April 24, 2009

1900 MILES!!

I cannot believe it, but we are in Austin, Texas!!!! We made it here on Wednesday after 5 looooooong days in the car. We travelled with all 3 kids, our dog and our cat. People asked how it went....I say it was "ridiculous". Really it was. But, we had excellent weather, no car problems and actually, quite a fun time. We are settling in and loving our new house. We are stoked to be here!! Can I say "stoked" in Texas or is that a true California giveaway? This town and state are full of welcoming people!

16 comments:

Michael said...

WoooHoooo! You made it! Show us your house. Did you sell your other house??? I am so happy for you guys! I hear Texas is GREAT!

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Maria and Family said...

Wow that was fast !!! I cant wait to hear all about it :)

Kim said...

Each day I think, "I wonder if the Frasers are STILL driving..." Glad to know you are out of the car and on dry land. Awesome. Rad. Dude. Use your California vocab. with pride!

Mandy said...

Welcome to Texas!!!

Mary said...

Sooooo glad to hear you made it safely!! Can't wait to see pics of your new house and the FraserFive in Texas :-) Missing you already :-(

Eryn said...

Yay, you made it! Have fun, Ya'll!

jody said...

so glad you made it ok, we are muddling thru here, zoe is pretty sick and now on nebulizer every 4 hours and a few other meds and back to dr tomorrow so hopefully se will see daylight thru this fog of total exhaustion some day soon.....yay for your new house and surviving the road trip!!

milreb said...

Congrats Jana! Thanks much for the call in the midst of your adventure. We really appreciate it. Glad you found gas. :)

Kimmie said...

Wow, that was such a quick move! So glad you are settling in to your new home and state.

Bless you dear friend.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Lee Ann said...

Holy schmokes! I can't believe you did all of that THAT fast! Just 30 days ago you posted about moving. Can't wait to see more pics.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear ya'll made it in one piece. Miss ya over here at French.
Erin & Sarah (daystay)

Samantha said...

So glad you made it safe. I can't believe you even had time to blog yet!

Kristi J said...

Congrats on making the trip!! I can't imagine driving that long with the kiddos, wow. Way to go!! :) kj

Anonymous said...

California will not be the same without you!! You were supposed to come up here to the OC and be my neighbor!! :( :( But I am really excited for you & the family and this new journey. I am a huge fan of TX and we have so many great friends there!!

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures of your house!!!

I loooooove you guys soo much!!!!!

Unknown said...

Stoked is definitely a CA word - but I say use it anyway! I had to laugh when I read this because when we moved we had two kids, a dog, cat, tortoise, 2 oversized goldfish and a bearded dragon. We did it all with one overnight in Las Cruces!!! It was CRAZY! - but we like to travel that way! We now prefer to travel to CA with NO stops (well bodily functions and food aside) - we drive straight through and make it in 22 hours! THAT's CRAZY!