Saturday, August 9, 2008

UPDATES AND BIG TIME LOVE!



So this picture describes perfectly what's been going on in this household. First, we were blessed to get some updates from blogger friends who traveled to pick up their children. They were able to let us know that our sweet baby "A" is big and healthy. Perfect news for worried and obsessive-compulsive parents!! Thank you Karen, Sharon and Liz!

Second, Rob and I celebrated our 13th anniversary. It should be noted that I think he is fresh, exciting, a great gift and that my love has only grown more and more over the years. He's super duper and I can't imagine being with anyone else. We were gone all week on a wonderful getaway. Many thanks to Oma and Opa (Rob's parents who babysat the entire time)!!!! We came back refreshed and rejuvenated and yikes, did we start missing those little ladies!!!! However, may I just make a quick comment about being in the car together for 7 hours each way...no hourly pee pit stops, no when are we getting there comments, no moaning/groaning, no major grocery store to stock the car, no Dora the Explorer blaring in the background but most of all, no interrupted conversations!! We actually got to start and finish a conversation. That's pure CRAZINESS people!!!









8 comments:

Elizabeth Lyons said...

Hi Jana!

#1 - you totally look like Christie Brinkley in that last photo!

#2 - is that book your husband is reading the one about the guy who tries to live the entire year as the Bible says to? Was it funny? Because I've almost bought that about 47 times but been afraid that the content wouldn't live up to the hilarity of the cover.

Liz

Lee Ann said...

So glad you got away. Road trips are so different without little kios. Glad you got some updates as well.

Lee Ann said...

That's "kidos". I'm typing with some "kido interruptions". :-)

Our journey said...

How fun to get that time away together. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Amy

C said...

congrats on 13 years!!! YOu guys are so such a fun, sweet looking couple!! :)

Mary said...

So glad you had a good time. Our vaca was fun too, however, it WAS filled with snacks all over the car, lots of conversations interrupted, kid movies playing loudly in the backseat, and yes, plenty of pee stops. :-) Welcome back!!

Dee said...

Hi Jana, I saw you on Eryn's blogroll and wanted to congratulate you on your adoption process and anniversary. Alex and I just celebrated our anniversary this past weekend too. What is your actual date? Ours was 8-8-08! And I agree, no interruptions--it was weird but devine at the same time.
Many blessings,
Delores Gaudet
Summit View

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! on 13 yrs...seems like only yesterday I made the wrong bridesmaid dress hehe!! Where'd you go, I'm jealous, I have to say!!