Monday, August 25, 2008

Big Girl in the HOOOUUUSSE!!

So today our sweet little lady headed off to kindergarten. I did not surprise myself, completely dry eyes for both of us. I was just so excited for her, I guess I didn't have room to be sad. She looked so darn cute. And so infinitely more important, she is so darn sweet and gentle. So proud of you Meris! So here is a sample of the day....


Pre-coif for the day, we treated them to McDonald's for breakfast. Some brief worried tears were shed by Meris over her pancakes.



Ok, just so we're clear, Meris has a love affair with Hello Kitty (I cannot, I mean cannot stand the videos so we just stick with gear). So again, hello kitty underwear, backpack, skirt, socks and lunch box represented here.



Somebody thinks they just might be the cat's meow (get it...Hello Kitty?) I am just so freaking funny....



The contract she had to sign for school, too cute!!




Finally in her classroom. We transferred Meris out of our school district so that she could attend this school. Why? Because this is a special place. It's a dual immersion school. She will essentially only be taught in Spanish making her bilingual by 4th grade. And being in California, that is a huge bonus!!

8 comments:

Our journey said...

How exciting! I can't say enough about dual language schools. I taught at one before I had children. They are an amazing oppportunity for our kids to learn language when it is easiest for them to do it! And yes Meris is the cat's meow-you are tooo funny.

AMy

Lee Ann said...

So cute! Anna LOVES Hello Kitty as well. But Dora is a close runner up.

I don't think I'll cry next week either. I'll just be excited for her. Love your comment on public school you posted on someone's blog (and someone else thought you were wrong). I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but I GET YOU Jana.

Michael and Michelle said...

Very CUTE!! The first day of school, wooohooo! Our daughter LOVES school. She is having a blast and that makes it so much easier for me (the worried mother). Meris looks super cute with her cute skirt and hello kitty backpack. Now that our girls are off to school and we didn't miss their first day....it's time to bring our babies home:) I can't wait!! We are going to be one fun travel group (God willing, that we travel together). We have such a long time to get to know each other over the computer that by the time we meet on a jet plane we are going to be crazy excited!!!! I think we are going to have a GREAT time!! Here is our dream team.....
Jana
Lee ann
Kendra
and me
(I hope I haven't left anybody out)
How fun will that be!!!!
Maybe we should design some shirts for all of us while we wait. That would be a fun project.

Talk to you soon,
Michelle

Dawn said...

That little contract is too funny. Your daughters are pretty cute too!

~Dawn

Mary said...

Adorable! She was so cute when I dropped her off on Tuesday. They had to show me where they sign in and pick up their name-tag and put their backpacks. Seems like a great school... way to go mom and dad!!

RachelCaitlin said...

Haha, in a couple years Meris and I will be able to have secret conversation in Spanish and nobody else will know what we're talking about... lol. :p

Anonymous said...

First of all, I recently got my first Hello Kitty tin from by friend who lives in China. Second, I remember the kindergarten dropoff like it was yesterday. Today is our youngest's, David's, 18th birthday and we will do WWU freshman dropoff in a few weeks!
Continuing to check in with you and follow your journey. Hello to Rob.

- Julie Mauer

Maria and Family said...

How sweet she is ! I think you made an excellent choice with the school. How cool to know a second language so young? I am jealous ;) Maria