Join the story of our family. We are Mom and Dad to two "home grown" girls and one adopted boy from Ethiopia.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
GETTING READY FOR "BAHEY-BRUDDER"
Did you catch that? That's Kiera speak for baby brother. We have finally moved the girls in together, which has been errr...pretty much a lovely little nightmare! Kiera would like to party like a rockstar all night long. Meris agrees for a shorter amount of time. Pretty soon we have an all out screaming of glee and crying fit because Meris wants to go to sleep and Kiera is still thinking it's time to well...let's see 1. stand on top of their Dora table and turn the light switch on and off. 2. Crawl into sissy's bed. 3. Crawl under the pink couch and sing. 4. Pull sissy's blankets off. You get the idea!! Anyone got any great ideas to curtail the late night fun? Threats have not worked and it's well on to 10 pm when they finally drift off. But meanwhile, we are very excited about baby boy's room. I chose the bedding and it's displayed by the party girls mentioned above. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
such cute boy stuff! We have none of that around here-so far anyway. Also, we have NO fighting bewteen our girls, ever. hahahahahaha. sorry, i had tourble even typing that. They will get tired of the novelty of sharing a room-eventually. And they will go to sleep at a normal time again, eventually. (Like in college or when they have their own children...but then you can laugh at them so it all works out)
Our girls are in bunk beds so they have never thought of waking the other one up...But they probably don't remember "not" sharing a room...they were too young to remember when they had their own rooms probably!! They'll get tired of it soon...just ignore them and it will get old soon, good luck, kristi
Those girlies are too adorable to be such rascals! Autumn and Hunter share a bedroom too. At night. Hunter goes to bed 30 minutes earlier than Autumn. Nap time was a struggle for me until I surrendered to Autumn not sleeping in her bed and letting her pick your nap suite. Sometimes she'll sleep in my room or her oldest sister's room. One time she slept on the floor behind the couch. Hey as long as she gets you nap; I'm flexible.
Our boys share a room too, and tonight, it was 45 minutes of the older one crying, which was contagious to the little one crying. I feel your pain!
Usually, we do the 1/2 hour split too, toddler first, when he's out, the big boy. It helps that the little one is still in a crib though.
Baby boy's room is looking good! I love it!
I sympathize, but can't offer any advice. I bet the novelty will eventually (like in 3 years) wear off and your little party girl will go to sleep without annoying her sister! Good luck!
Amy
Love the bedding.
I have no advice. My girls will be sharing soon though so tell me what works. Right now Anna REFUSES because Sarah still wears diapers....and poops in her ROOM....and Anna would freak out at the smell.
all i can say is: i hear your pain!! my kids did the exact same thing. i was actually glad that i moved them in together several months prior to Daniel coming home. I generally start the night with: you can talk for a few minutes quietly, but you MUST stay in bed with your head on the pillow. Then about 30 minutes later "Firm Mommy" comes in and declares official bedtime and no more talking. And I declare that the next time I come upstairs, it will be "mean Mommy" and there will be consequences. It usually works. Also hard is that my daughter sometimes climbs into bed with my son in the middle of the night, if she's scared--which he hates--so we have that goin' on too. i think gradually it will improve, right?? oh, also, i set the alarm in their room so that in the morning, they cannot get out of bed until the alarm goes off. seems to work, for the time. . .
i can just hear Meris..."mommy please make her stop bothering me". LOL!! Poor thing. Good thing both Kiera and Mason are so stinkin' cute. That's their saving grace :-)
This suggestion isn't fun for you but works. If you lay on their floor until they are still...It takes awhile at first but eventually they get the idea and it takes less and less time. Then you slowly ween them off of you being in the room.
Super cute bedding!!! Love it!
The little party girls are pretty darn cute too!
~Dawn
Love the bedding! How's the wait going? Hope you're holding up and getting tons of super-cute pics!! We're doing okay, but getting tired of telling everyone "we won't know anything until October."
Leann
How's the wait?? What can we do for the month of Sept. so it flies by. We need to think of something fun that can keep us "adoption busy" not just busy because that's easy. I need to do something with the adoption that will keep me busy. have you written your birth mother letter?? or made the photo book?? Maybe we could get those things done???
I think Sept. will be difficult and long:(
Michelle
take a big wad of kleenex tomorrow, just in case!!!
Jana,
How are you today? I hope your daughter loved kindergarten!
Did you cry!
Michelle
Jana...there must be a black hole in my email world. I've checked both of my email accounts, and thier junk mails...no email from you.
If you want, you can post me a comment with your details, or call me anytime, 360-326-8348. So sorry this is become ridiculous!
Post a Comment