Saturday, June 7, 2008

GRIEF CYCLE?



I am looking for a really great post that I ran across the other day. It's a post about how adoption is similar to the Kubler-Ross model on the stages of grief. It is a VERY frank and thought provoking post. She is adopting as well and really struggled with the greater good of adoption. As in...if I was truly a humanitarian and if I truly cared for the orphans of world as God calls us to do...I would send the LARGE amount of money that I was spending on adoption directly to the children. Rather than spending all this money on bringing one of these precious children home, what about giving the money to multiple families so that they could actually keep their children? This is stuff that we have really stuggled with and this gal's post nailed it on the head. Obviously, we have chosen to adopt and I'm seriously not sure what to say about it! Except to say that we believe that making a huge difference in just ONE child's life is important as well. So, if anyone happened to see it let me know. I found it by blog surfing and simply cannot find my way back!

3 comments:

Our Princess said...

If you end up finding it again, will you post a link to it. I'd like to read it, as well. I was thinking about that the other day.
Thanks!
Karey

Our journey said...

http://theeyesofmyeyesareopened.blogspot.com/2008/05/thoughts-at-6-months-waiting.html

It really spoke to me too.

Amy

Mukuwa said...

Glad you shared this dose of reality! Working in Africa, dealing with mixed emotions is a constant - and the feelings can jump around maniacally during the course of a day. Having been told flat out I should leave Namibia (by a white man), and others telling me to stay permanently in the village, you know you're affecting something, and hopefully for those who need it most, it's for the good. Your hearts have been opened to adoption not to save Ethiopia, but because God is working in you for the sake of yourselves and the little one. And maybe, just maybe, others here in the US will be exposed a bit to the world most people live in, so far removed from the one here. A silent domino effect is in the works, born from the seed of desire He planted in you for a child. Kea kaha (stay strong)!