Thursday, April 10, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS WITH JANA.....WD-40 IS THE BEST STUFF EVER!!!!

So we were all on the way back from the airport after a 4 hour plane ride, a 3 hour car ride, and a 7 day vacation in Texas (very fun but tiring!). So you get the idea, all of us parents at some point ply our children with treats just to make it through and get home. Such would be the case with us! Enter....bubble gum in the car. Yeah, so I'm a rookie ok? At some point our dear Meris says, "Mom, my bubble gum is gone". I say, "uh, Sweetie, what do you mean? You probably just swallowed it". "No Mommy, it's gone!". Well, to make a long story short, the guilty gum had unexpectedly exited said daughter's mouth, launched itself on to the seat belt and when she unbuckled her seat belt well you know...the bubble gum smeared all the way along the seat belt. It was retracked into the impenetrable seat belt casing and the seat belt was stuck. I mean really stuck. So it's been like that for a month. So brilliant Jana's solution is ice cubes and razor blades. I slowly extracted a little bit of the seat belt at a time, icing and scraping, icing and scraping. That definitely doesn't work, I am a idiot. So having a brilliant realization I go to that handy thing they call the "internet" and google "removing bubble gum". Low and behold, my sweet WD-40 can appears, voila. Do you know that stuff just dissolved the gum in an instant? And all the veteran mom's say, "uh, yeah". So if you ever find yourself in my situation(probably not), you now know!! And I always have kinda liked the smell of WD-40.

4 comments:

Our journey said...

Jana aren't kids the best? They always manage to create the biggest messes without even trying. I think it is their number one job skill! Good to know about the WD-40. Love the stuff, but had no idea it worked on gum too!

Amy

Samantha said...

I need to remember that-I'm sure it will come in handy!

A Team said...

I DID NOT know that... been a mom for 7 1/2 years and did not know that. So thank you!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am so excited for you. #9... that is great!!!!

And you know what else... if you have a stain on clothes that you can't get out... use Goo Gone on it... it takes it right out. I would have never thought that was a stain remover but it is!

nice to "meet" you

Tracie from TN

Michael and Michelle said...

I know that the bi-weekly update was kinda....empty! But there were a BUNCH of referrals the past month. They will come...I hope they are coming! The next bi-weekly will have some referrals!!
Michelle