
So I thought I would share a recipe that I devised and thought was pretty tasty.
While you are cooking a nice steak on the BBQ....
Saute 8 oz of sliced mushrooms in a 1/2 bottle of red wine vinaigrette until mushrooms have reduced.
Add in a pound of cooked lentils and cook until the lentils are warm, you can add more vinaigrette if you need more flavor. It should kind of have a slurry consistency when you're done.
Now when the steak is all done, poor this mixture over the steak and last but not least, add some Gorgonzola cheese over the top to melt in. OH YEAH, IT WAS TASTY!!!!
And now on to the "Such"...I think I seriously have a problem. I can't peel my little fingers off the keyboard, I sneak in peeks in between having patients in the recovery room, I have a vacant stare into the computer while my children are pulling my shirt asking for food, I say "oh, yeah, yeah, I'll get to that" and that is the tell tale sign of a person who is seriously addicted to the BLOGWORLD!!!! I am now going to blame my friend Mary who first tempted me with sending a link for adoption blogs. I love this whole new experience!!! Thanks to all my fellow blog friends who have opened up a new fun spot in cyberspace and send sweet notes of encouragement. And to all the wonderful people who say "hey I checked in on your blog, it's really fun", thanks for caring and checking in!
8 comments:
Ok Jana, you are blogdicted! And selling yourself short on the veteran mom thing. I google so much crap! I wouldn't raise my kids without it. Oh, that should be rear, but I hate the phrase "rearing kids". It's just not right. So I'd rather be grammatically incorrect than to rear my kids. Baby Momma? Saturday? llamame or e-me.
I had to go through intervention and am now only allowied to check them twice a day! I feel your pain!
Amy
I got really bad at one point and now I've calmed down. It does get to be addictive at times. I think I'll get "bad" again when the referrals start rolling.
Michelle
I would say that I feel guilty for starting your addiction, but... I'm not!! I needed a friend to share the addiction with! Truth is, it is so much fun and I LOVE the people who take the time to share their journey of "parenthood" (among other things).
You can always leave the kids with Oma while you blog away... Oma
I was just telling my friend the other day how I think adoption is much harder than being pregnant, because it almost seems surreal. When you are pregnant there is something tangible to hold onto - morning sickness (and I had it so bad I was on meds because I was losing too much weight), a growing belly, ultrasounds, all those appointments and a due date. With adoption there is nothing to make it real until you get your referral.
I am so glad we have this community to support each other!
Amy
That is so funny! I always pull my blog up just to have the music going int he room! I hope to have time to add a little more to it soon. Hope you enjoy! : )
Amy
Jana! You have a blog! I'm so excited! Even though we live all of 10 minutes away, it is actually a great way to keep in touch. But seriously, we have to do coffee at least once this year!!! Love you!
Post a Comment