Monday, December 22, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND NO, I HAVE NOT LEFT BLOGLAND!

Merry Christmas everyone! OK, I could just preface each of my posts with why I haven't posted, which is because I have been really busy. But I will not continue to do that because, well...it's cliche and boring! And really, we are all busy, so there.

Life with our latest arrival is really, really great. It was exactly 4 weeks ago today that we met him at Hannah's Hope in Ethiopia. He is a joy. Thus, I am going to say "it" in print, which will inevitably lead to a sleepless night. Elias sleeps through the night EVERY night. He goes down anytime between 8 and 10 at night and he waits for us to find him smiling in his crib at 9 AM. Yes, 9 AM. It has been a blessed treat because it actually gives us morning time with the ladies which has been invaluable. He is smiley and sweet pretty much all the time. He definitely is a bit more needy during the day so the payoff at night is most lovely. He pretty much won't tolerate being put down longer than 10 minutes so the ERGO pack has been a lifesaver as his weight has only seemed to increase:). He seems to be quite attached to us, yet easygoing about others. He usually loves his car seat as he has regular entertainment in the form of giggling girls in the back seat.

We are feeling incredibly "lucky" and blessed that we are spending Christmas together. I definitely feel this sense of completion with him in our family. He was ordained to be part of us, he is here and all the angst of waiting is over.






13 comments:

Maria and Family said...

You guys are soooooo stinkin cute!!! I am so happy you guys are sleeping thru the night, that is huge! So happy for you guys, Merry Christmas :)

Julie said...

Merry Christmas! I love the pics! You guys are adorable.

Lee Ann said...

Such good pics. A good sleeper makes it possible to get through almost anything during the day.

Our journey said...

What beautiful pictures Jana. Your family is amazing.

Leann said...

I love the pictures. I can't wait for our family to be complete -- it won't be long now. I'll probably find myself wishing for more time to get ready... Will call after holidays and ask questions.

Clark and Sarah said...

He is so cute and chunky! Such a beautiful family.

jody said...

so cute! I love his happy round face-you all look so great together! Merry Christmas!!!!

Eryn said...

o, how great are elias's little socks? Love them! You guys look great!

Kristi J said...

The pics are sooo cute!! I can't wait to add our little one!! Congrats on your first Christmas with your little man. I love having both girls and boys....it is such a treat to experience both, kristi

Dawn said...

Great pics!! What a nice looking family! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Kimmie said...

That is awesome on his bonding (and yours)...his sleep schedule...and your Christmas pictures (the colors) are fantabulous! Great job, must be all that extra sleep you've been blessed with.

So happy that you were able to all be together for Christmas!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

missy said...

welcome back. the pictures are divine! hope the sleeping continues to be as well!

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures!! I am so glad he's a good sleeper and you are doing well. I've wondered how its been going. I'm happy you had a great Christmas and the transition has been relatively easy. XOXO