NOW BACK TO REALITY.....OUR HOUSE!
Just thought I would give you a sampling of our messy house. I could also provide pictures of crying, clingy children. I could also provide a snapshot of me totally losing it on our 6 year old for not getting dressed even though we had asked her to do so 8 times. And I could also let you view pictures of all three children wailing when we went to get a Chrismas tree. Merry Christmas to us. I didn't really take pictures of these events but you know what I mean. I don't ever want to give people the idea that absorbing a 3rd child is a walk in the park and that my house is sanitary and shining at any given moment. But at the very same time, it has been a huge and overwhelming blessing. Our kids are awesome and healthy. I am truly so thankful for my life.
We have been struck twice with stomach flu, which is interesting to me. We rarely ever, ever get a bug like that. And then to have it get us 2 weeks in a row, what a lovely coming home present. I am just now waking up from the stupor of nighttime puking. Thanking God for such a great husband...he had it last week so it was payback time!!!!!!!
Elias had his first check-up yesterday. Except for a mild ear infection, he looks great. He has slept though all but one night (this quality, makes him particularly endearing). I spend a lot of my time fending off his groupie like sisters, they are all over him and he never gets a break. The girls love him and cannot get enough of him. And for the curious...big boy weighed in at 23 pounds and 13 oz!! He is 95th percentile for head and length but off the charts for weight. DOH!!!
*I would like to note that the messy pictures of the house do not do justice to actual reality. I was looking through the pictures and thought to myself "Hey that's what the house looks like all the time!". But seriously, the house was starting to stink...:)
19 comments:
Thank you for being real Jana! Your house looks like three kids live in it...as it should. I might think you a robot or some Stepford wife if everything was sparkling all the time!
Umm...I think I might actually be in love with your family. Is that possible?
Thanks for taking the time to post this! That first photo is genius. And the girls are so cute. And the three of them together? Fuhgedaboutit. Adorable.
As for the house, that's what mine looks like on a good day if I'm not expecting company. Welcome home! And get all better!
Ahem. I think I should have written "fuhgedabouDit." Live and learn.
Welcome home, indeed! Loved your pics from Ethiopia -- so fun! Between this post and the fact that most listserve/blog mommies seem to drop off the face of the Earth once they arrive home, I'm getting a pretty good idea of what I'm in for when we add our 3rd! Yikes! Mommies are brave women indeed!
God bless and get better,
(I had that bug last week!)
Sarah
oh i love hearing your update! it is SO true. blogland can make it look peachy perfect and easy. but its not real! thanks for being honest! i love the pics of the family too. i'm so glad you are all feeling better, finally.
sorry about the flu. but so excited you have such a great reason to have your home in less than stellar condition. heck, who needs a reason anyway???? your kids are so beautiful. i love the "groupies" comment. and i don't know gypmar, but i'm gonna have to "meet" her after the fugedaboutit comment. hysterical typo.
so cute-love that big chubby smile with the girls!! and was that supposed to be a messy house? oh man, i gotta go clean.......
Thanks for being honest. I'm still afraid to post pics of what our house looks like with two preschoolers, a kindergartener, a dog, and ME! I'm not brave enough yet.
BIG BOY! yeah...payback time. When can we come for a visit now that your not sickie any longer?
Ok so you get a pass with 2 bouts of the flu but I am waiting for a day by day journal of the trip. I know I'm pushing it. You are the mother of 3. Take you time... :) So glad to see you are all heathly, happy, and relatively sane!
Love,
Autumn
You know where I'm at if you need a break!! I love the pic of all 3 of them laying next to each other. Together at last!!!!
haha-I read your comment about that video, and I laughed b/c I thought the same thing, "what an awesome vacuum!"
Oh my ! You crack me up ! I am so sorry about the cooties...that is never fun, especially with a new baby! I love the reality check...it is true. You have to all re-adjust your idea of reality. Slowly but surely it will all fall into place. I would have liked pics of Christmas tree shopping with 3 crying kiddos..sounds festive :) heehee...Your family is beautiful and I couldnt be happier for you! I am so happy your Elias is sleeping thru the night! That is HUGE. HUGE I tell ya. Boo woke every hr for 3 weeks once we came home...I was a zombie. And kinda cranky ;P ! Maria
So, if my house looks like that with 2, am I in over my head thinking I can handle 3? JK. It's crazy with 2,3,4...oh well!
oh, you're back with your baby..I'm so exited for you...we're #6 on our wait list and will hopefully get our referral soon...I can't believe how BIG your baby is..he reminds me of my 1st boy..he weighed 30lbs at his 12 month visit...you're on your way, congrats, kristi
This looks about right :)! My house did and still does look like that many days. 3 kids is a handful :)!
I'm praying for your stomach bug to GO AWAY!! I'm so sorry - not fun at all! You're awesome!
Kristin
I have NO kids and my house still looks like that!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
so sorry that you've gotten the stomach thing twice...that is NO fun.
You are a brave woman to snap pictures of post-adoption-house. You go girl.
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
oh Jana--I love the realness!!! Thanks :)
Happy New Year and Merry, merry...
Post a Comment