Thursday, May 8, 2008

MONTEREY and ADOPTION FRUSTRATION



We had a great time visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium last Monday. You know the trips that you throw your heart into planning and they just don't add up to what you thought they would be? Yeah. Done that. This little trip wasn't like that, it was completely last minute and we had such a stinking great time!



Ooooooo, sea stars!




Purple ice plant flowers along Asilomar Drive, so nice!



Otters, oh my! So close and really cute.




Last but not least, a trip to the famous Ghiradelli ice cream and chocolate shop!





A walk along the beach, thanks God for my family and your creation.


SO...ADOPTION FRUSTRATION!!

As soon as we are on the waiting list, all referrals have just stopped. I feel impatient, I am ready to complete our family, I want to see our son now!!!! I have not gotten our monthly update phone call, I want to know what's going on!!

5 comments:

Our journey said...

How do you go about waiting for a child when you have no idea when they will be yours? When you are pregnant there is a pretty definite timeframe. That baby is going to come at about 40 weeks. How many weeks do you wait for adoption? Do I have to wait as long as a new elephant mama (22 months)? I pray to God not. I think I would not be frustrated, because hey we just officially got on the list, if it weren't for the lack of referrals in what-at least 6 weeks!! I feel for you guys who have been waiting and my prayers are with you!!

Amy

Unknown said...

It is so frustrating to be waiting for a referral, or travel. I know that Julie has been swamped with work to get these next two travel groups onto planes and on their way. Can you imagine what it must be like to be the one who has to tell everyone there are no referrals yet? Yikes, as much as I hate waiting (and now redoing paperwork) I truly would not want to have to explain this delay to everyone who so desperately wants to see their children. I can't remember where you are on the list, but I pray that there are referrals very soon so you can at least watch your number get smaller.

Christina said...

So fun to see you guys at the aquarium!

Sorry about the adpotion frustration. We'll keep praying for you!

Michael and Michelle said...

Your trip looked like fun!!

I really think the referrals are coming. If there was a problem AGCI would let us know. This is all just part of why adoption is to hard.

Can't wait for all of our monthly call.

Michelle

RachelCaitlin said...

I didn't know Kiera can say my name! I walked into your house the other night to babysit, and she says my name, and I was like, whoa!!! When did that happen??! And then she just like, said it randomly all night. It totally made my day, haha.