Saturday, January 9, 2010

THANKFUL FOR NORMALCY.

Do you ever find yourself paraphrasing your life in blog posts? I will have a certain thought or story and think to myself, "Gosh, I should really share that!". But alas, whenever I actually sit down at the computer to do something rather than blogstalk and facebook; all intelligent thoughts vanish. Completely. So at least I will leave you with some pictures. We are busy creating lives here and saying over and over again, "We will never move again". Famous last words of course. Thinking back over the last couple of years I feel like we have never truly rested. I still can't believe we went through the adoption process and then moved out of state, twice. So, I am feeling thankful for rest, stable jobs, a loving church and a healthy family!


Perfect day to be out on a boat!


Checking out the sights on the way home.


With Opa and Oma on the ferry boat ride to Bainbridge Island.


Plain cuteness. First day of Preschool.


A visit with Gami at Pine Lake Park.


Huskies vs. Cal. High of 32. We were cold.







Dinner out to "Lalibela" to celebrate 1 year home. I love Ethiopian food. It makes my heart flutter thinking about it. This dear Ethiopian man at the restaurant explained that Elias'original name didn't just mean "example", it meant Godly example. I loved that. I felt so thankful that he took the time to explain the difference.


This photo requires an explanation. Most years we send out a spoof Christmas card, this year we were a grunge band. It was fun. I'm not sure if other people find it funny but it's probably my most favorite tradition.


Coffee with Daddy in the morning. The perfect start.

I will try and be more faithful with posting. Then maybe I might be able to spill out some those "awesome" thoughts and stories I have:) Ha!

8 comments:

jody said...

oh gosh, i do the same thing every. time. i sit down at the computer. just complete brain paraliysis. oh well, we all understand so no pressure here!! and of COURSE you had to be a grunge band, I mean SEATTLE!!!!

Eryn said...

LOVE IT! I love knowing your close...even though you're not here. :)

milreb said...

OMG, I love the Christmas card idea. So funny! Glad life is stabilizing. I see a walking Elias. See what you mean about boy, not baby!!

Anonymous said...

Yep. Same thing here. Brain dead! But I LOVE your Christmas card photo! And thanks for the explanation on the meaning of the name Elias. Happy New Year!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I love the pic! Looks fun to me :)

Gypmar said...

I love all the photos! I SO HEAR YOU with the "let's never move again." We are hoping to stay put at least until the boys graduate from high school :)

You all look like you're having a lot of fun as you settle in. And you're all just getting cuter and cuter!

Anonymous said...

YAY I love seeing all the pictures!!

mommy to six J's said...

Oh cute love the Christmas card. Your pictures are to cute and very familar to me. I live in Port Orchard for now moving soon. Have a great day...