Monday, December 7, 2009

LABOR AND DELIVERY



Brings back a lot of memories for me. The joy of that sweet babe pushing her way around. The knowing glances exchanged between other Moms. The anticipation and the glory of the ending. I will never forget my reaction when my first was born (nor will I ever forget the sweet moment Elias was placed into my arms). When my sweet homegrown girl was put on my chest, it was as if I couldn't simply believe it. How could this miracle be? This spectacular display of God's provision and hope now crying in my arms. I remember just saying over and over again, "I can't believe it!" I also remember breastfeeding 6 week old Meris in my rocking chair and calling Rob over and exclaiming, "Dude. We have GOT to do this again!!!".

With a lot of sadness, those days are SO over for me. As far as I know, no more pregnancies for this little lady. If we did choose to add to our family again, it would definitely be through adoption. I can explain more on that later...

But these days, I have had the pleasure and excitement and I don't know...just thrill of being that nurse that says "Yay, you did it!". When we moved to the PNW, I finally landed my dream job. I was hired as a labor and delivery nurse. Because it is truly it's own art form, I am training for 3 full months. Can I tell you how I love it? It still has all the excitement and thrill I need with usually a much nicer outcome. I am enjoying the switch from being there at people's worst moment to one of their BEST.

11 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Sounds like a great job to me!

Ron & Maria said...

Congratulations on landing the ideal nursing job!

milreb said...

Both our moms were labor and delivery nurses. It was their passion. Glad you have something that is good for the heart!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!! If I ever give birth, I'll be calling on you!!

Lee Ann said...

So happy for you! I think this is an AWESOME fit for you! You'll be such a blessing to these women. I still see the nurse who was there when Anna was born, and thank her all the time.....and Sarah too. They both just new the right words at the right time. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats Little Lady! You are the super mom and I know you are the super nurse. Hi to the fam, missing you and yours but good to see you on the net.

Love ya,

Jo

Amy said...

Congrats!!

Kim said...

Wow. Jana. That picture makes it look like you've gained a bit of weight since the move. And your hair...different...

Gypmar said...

So happy!

When we get together (and it WILL happen!) I'll be curious to find out if you have any patients who react to childbirth the way I did...namely, "What the hell was THAT?"

I obviously could have used a Jana :)

Samantha said...

Congrats! It is the best job ever!

Unknown said...

Janna,
I've not caught up with you in a LONG time and it's so good to hear that you are doing so well, loving your new home and that you found such an amazing job! God bless you all.
Leslee (Austin)