Saturday, October 3, 2009

WE'RE HERE AND I'M COOKIN'


So we arrived back to the great PNW 3 weeks ago and honestly, I am loving it. We have a huge sense of permanence. Looking back I just can't believe this crazy journey we've been on. It's interesting to note, just how happy everyone seems to be. Meris is almost giddy with delight when I pick her up from school. Kiera is bubbling over with excitement with her new preschool. Rob literally skipped out the door to work. I can't exactly say the same about Elias, I think the transition has left him cranky. I can't blame him, so we have been trying to give him an extra measure of patience. I mean, seriously, the poor child has lived in 2 countries and 3different states in his little 15 months of life.

So for now, I get to be full time Mommy while I start the job search. I relish this opportunity to just be here for my peeps. It's the only thing on my agenda and it FEELS SO GOOD. So with that said, I have thrown myself back into the kitchen. And if you know me at all, you know I love to eat and you know I love to cook. This is what I made for dinner and it really was quite tasty!

Blue Cheese Salmon Burgers

Bake premade Salmon patties as directed, while these are baking follow the instructions below.

Saute a bag of fresh spinach in butter and your choice of spices, set aside.

Slice 2 tomatoes, and saute slices in Worcestershire sauce until slightly soft, set aside.

When you have about 2 more minutes to go on the Salmon patties, take them out of the oven and cover each patty with blue cheese. Place back into the oven and take out when cheese is bubbly (2 minutes or so)

Meanwhile toast some whole wheat buns. Place Salmon patty on bun, spoon out some spinach on top of patty and then top with tomatoes.

"Yumo!" To quote a celebrity chef who actually drives me nuts. It's not her recipe though, it's mine:)

Sidenote: All of our children who appear to have an aversion to all things lettuce like, ate their spinach super quick. That butter does wonders!

8 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds good! I've been cooking up a lot lately too. Must be the cooler weather.

milreb said...

Sounds fab! Wish my vegan husband would eat cheese and fish so I could try your recipe. :)

I have a photo I am dying to send you!! Are you still at the charter address?

Lee Ann said...

So glad you're feeling at home!

And super YUMMOOOO on that burger!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Glad to hear things have gone pretty well for you during this crazy time.

missy said...

so glad you are feeling settled and lovin' it. happy cooking!

Cat A. said...

Since the boys already love salmon, this would be a great way to introduce them to blue cheese :o)

Heya ... somehow I don't have an email address for you ... would you please email us your new address?

Hugs and kisses to everyone!

The Gresham Clan said...

Where in the world have I been?! WOW - the PNW!!! That is SO awesome for you guys. I'm sad though b/c we JUST moved from the Seattle area :)! I know you guys will love it there and it sounds like things are totally clicking (although you may be singing a different tune after 8 straight months of rain and clouds LOL :) ). I'm so thrilled for your family. God is good for sure!!!

Kimmie said...

Oh Yum! (or should I say...yum-mo?)

Perhaps post adoption we can try these, as for now we are cutting groceries as much as we can to save the needed $$$ for Princess Sweetness' adoption. Oh how I wish money grew on trees. sigh.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted