
Well, we have news!! Am I getting tired of news? You betcha! Are you getting tired of our news? I bet so. God has definitely brought us on a journey over the last 6 or so months. And that journey has probably been some of the most challenging of our lives. The long and the short of it is that despite many promising leads and maybe expectations on our part, Rob was never able to find work in Austin. So Rob expanded his job search and Rob was hired into a wonderful, fantastic church in Sammamish, WA. We have been welcomed like family. It feels so right and so ordained. He will be the Children's Pastor at a Covenant church.
So as I write, I am surrounded by beautiful, tall trees and crisp air. The mountains and ocean are overwhelming and I feel like I've come home. Rob went to seminary in Portland so we definitely have a history with the Pacific North West. Despite my carrying-ons about the weather, I definitely feel a sense of relief and solidness about being back.
Situationally(not a word, I know!), I am here with the kids while Rob finishes packing up in Austin. My brother lives here so I am just quietly typing away, letting the kids play and really just steeping in God's provision. And maybe just pining slightly for a breakfast Taco and some Blue Bell ice cream (these are Texan specialties that I will have to somehow deal with losing!)
17 comments:
WOW- quite the move, but if it is where God calls you to be- then it is GREAT!!!! Praying for safety through the move, and easy transitions! YEAH GOD!!
So happy to have you up here! Want to make the trek up to Bellingham for our next Ethiopian Community gathering in November? There's lots of food (no tacos though- sorry).
Just holler if you want to play!! :)
So excited for you!! Josh has family that lives on Vashon. I'm sure we'll be up there to visit... we'll have to get together!
I'll bring tacos to the get-together! (Though they probably aren't as good as the ones down South....
You'll also have to get used to perpetually losing sports teams. :)
Holy cow! You guys are full of surprises! We make a couple trips a year to WA. Dodd's parents are in Cathlamet so I will have to see how far that is from you. It would be lots of fun to visit with you guys. Hang in there Jana. Life must be nutty!
You will most definitely get a picture!!
Congrats on the new move! Sounds like a great situation! I love Seattle!
WOW! You're getting good at this moving around the country thing! Well, whenever you're ready New England's a nice place to be too! Come on by, we've got some great hospitals and churches and wonderful families to welcome you to the area....
Seriously, I pray you will have an uneventful transition to the NW! And settle right in.
Peace, love and joy,
Maria
Nice to have you back on the West Coast! Maybe we can have our campout in Oregon some time?! Thanks for the update!
Woot Woot! The frasers are back in the PNW! Yahoo!!
That is alot of change for one little year. Thanking God for his provision, and for peace for your fam in all the change! :)
U should probably leave a question mark in the "about me" space on your blog where you are to fill in your place of residence from now on!;) so happy your back on this side of the country!
Congratulations!! If you are like me then you probably are still unpacked from the first move and are ready to go! But then I don't think anyone procrastinates like I do!! Wishing you happiness in Washington!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I thought your comment on my blog meant you were VISITING!!!!
Steve's best friends live in Sammamish. We need to come visit. And he needs to taste that little guy of yours!
seriously...and i thought we moved a lot :) hope you guys are loving your newest new home!
Oh! And we HAVE Blue Bell Ice Cream! Breakfast taco? Maybe not so much, but at least you can enjoy your ice cream! Just don't tell any Tillamook fans :)
WOW that is rough--two moves in 6 months!! UG!! But I'm SOOOOO glad that hubby found a great job!! A hubby happy in his work is a HUGE HUGE deal!! And so glad you all have been warmly received!!
Jana, you are the PERFECT determined, saavy, and stubborn mother to pack up her family twice in one year! Can't think of anyone more qualified!! :) YOU CAN DO THIS!! Hang in there!!
Change can be a challenge, but sounds like God has you just where He desires. How good is that my friend. Enjoy the new views and listen carefully for His still quiet voice; as I am sure He has some things He wants to speak to you.
xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Post a Comment