OUR NEW HOUSE-We feel really fancy these days because we have a pool in the neighborhood! We spend a lot of time cruising down the block and going for a quick swim. All 3 kids love it!
This wonderful friend is Jen. We have known each other since the 7th grade. She was our very official welcome wagon to Texas and spent 3 days at our house moving us in. You rock girl!
The next photos are from Cadillac ranch in Amarillo, Texas. OK. I thought this was so dang cool. In each car people have left cans of spray paint, it's your job to come along and add your mark. We loved having this spot to pile out of the car and see something new. Meris was completely befuddled by the fact that HERE it was OK to paint cars.
Many, many stops at Sonic. Foul food but good drinks!
The Mesas in New Mexico.
It was so spectacular. We had just explained to Meris that the Grand Canyon was like a gigantic hole in the ground. Her comment when we finally got there? It's not THAT big!". OK. Whatever. It's hard to impress a 6 year old. Even with the Grand Canyon apparently.
This is a funny moment along our trip. I was convinced that we should take a porta-potty on our trip. Rob thought the mere idea was well...gross. And we didn't have even a square foot of extra space. I agree, but do you seriously want to be in the middle of the desert without an available toilet? I had visions of desperately searching for a toilet and no potty for the girls when they really needed it. Well, I was right as it happened. And we took a photo to prove it. It actually saved us big time.
The above 2 photos are from Route 66. This stretch of the highway was the inspiration for the movie Cars. We had a great time blasting the Cars soundtrack when we were cruising past Kingston, Arizona.
8 comments:
Jana, your new house is so pretty! I'm glad you are having fun in Texas. Thanks for the update.
What a trip! I love the porta-potty - I actually carry one in the car all of the time - you never know :)! The spray paint cars are awesome - how fun is that! Glad you're feeling all settled in TX!
Jana-
Congrats on the new abode. This single mom and baby want to be included on the next road trip!!!!
Have a great new beginning~anything is possible!
xoxo
Melissa and Sitina
SHUT UP!!!!! Your house is so beautiful. I love all the brick. Miss you guys.....
so glad you are getting settled in Austin. It's a BEAUTIFUL city.
Many blessings to you!
Jana;
Love your new HOME. (a house isn't as nice as a home.)...why?? Because a home is filled with love that oozes out the windows and doors. ;-)
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Such fun pics! I love the new brick house!! And how cool are those spray paint cars. What a great idea!! How do people think of these things?!?!
oh, what great pics...Looks like you guys are having fun in your new home...kj
Post a Comment