Join the story of our family. We are Mom and Dad to two "home grown" girls and one adopted boy from Ethiopia.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Uggggghhhh!!
Do you ever just have the best intentions??? And the intentions that you have are of the dietary sort? When I woke up today it was coffee and steel-cut oatmeal. For lunch, I visualized low-fat cottage cheese and tomatoes. I was so strong for about 2 hours. What did I actually have for lunch? Hmmmmmm, buttered toast, 1/2 PB&J sandwich(you know, I wouldn't want to waste food), 1/2 sausage and my all time nemesis of self-control....diet coke. WOW!!!! My discipline is staggering!! I am left speechless by the sturdiness of my character. I wouldn't feel bad if that was just one day. However, this has been going on for months and my uuhhh, behind is making a fine display of my dietary indiscretions. And let me tell you, no, I did not give birth to my 3rd child but I sure feel like I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I'm struggling too. I feel like I have SO many motivations to just DO it... but why can't I mentally get there?! ah!
You crack me up - I know the pain of trying to be disciplined. I envision myself eating the proper portion of fruits every day and can't even manage that (funny, but I love veggies - so I usually get those - but fruit - forget it!).
I've found the answer, and it's to fail at the discipline for SO long that you gain SO much weight that you weigh as much as you did when you were 18 weeks pregnant. None of your pants will be comfortable and you will realize you can't afford new ones. You will then be SO horrified with yourself that you will spring into action with your calorie counting and your previously undiscovered reserves of discipline. Using this method, I've lost 9 pounds since the first week of January. Oh, and a recent stomach bug probably helped.
I guess what I'm saying is, I can NEVER find the willpower to eat right until I hit rock bottom.
p.s. Have you read all the recent studies on the benefits of eating peanuts? :)
Jana... You are Beautiful!!!!
You know, I haven't even gotten to bring my little one home and I'm already thinking that the anxiety and stress of adoption creates waaaaay more reason to eat than actually needing to gain the pounds for pregnancy. Really! I mean, every time I have some news, I celebrate by eating. Every time I DON"T have some news, I comfort myself by eating. I can only imagine how tough its going to be when I have 3 little angels to make my life so much easier! ;)
Hang in there! And know you're in good company...
Sarah
Oh the joys of gaining weight...been there, done..wait a minute- I AM THERE! I put on 10 happy pounds when Boo came home and now I think I may have put on 5just finding out we didnt pass court..I may need 2 seats for myself :) I used to focus and lose 5 pounds in a week, now forget it. It doesnt move :( boo hiss
Here's a link to an article that explains the latest peanut/diet study really well:
http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Peanuts-the-next-diet-food
Unfortunately, my favorite accompaniment to peanuts is a gin and tonic.
I'm right there with you!
So glad I'm not alone! :-)
It really does disgust me that I don't have more control. Seriously! It's just food.
Aren't you running all those calories off?
well i posted about my lunch menu so if you want to borrow it for your own personal use, i don'[t mind. it has really been an effective tool in my weight managment....as in i have managed to maintain and even ADD weight while using this gourmet menu :)
I'm thinking, you only ate 1/2?
Lol...I think it is normal to put on a little weight in winter...spring is coming and it will go.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Post a Comment