Monday, February 16, 2009

REACHING NEW LEVELS OF INSANITY

You know when you start out with your first baby? All prepared for any moment that could possibly happen? Tylenol, toys, wipes, diapers are always at your reach. The second baby comes and gosh, you know, MOST the time you have what you need but there are definitely times you don't. You just have to look a little harder because you're not as organized. Oh, THERE are the wipes and diapers (geez, it's a good thing there's one more!). The third one comes along and now I pretty much NEVER have what I need, despite serious efforts toward a more organized life. Well, today, I have reached new depths. Elias was crying, shall we say "strenuously" and we were on a bit of a road trip. Desperate for a toy, I dug a straw (he loves them) out the trash, gave it a quick clean up because I could actually find the wipes and voila, happy baby. It's just one of those moments where you look at yourself and say, "Did I really just dig something out of the trash and give it to my baby? REALLY????"

11 comments:

Dawn said...

haha... i think its so funny when i hear parents say stuff like that about child #3. how it used to be baby einstein toys for #1 and then #3 comes along and gets a barbie with the head broken off or a slipper.

jody said...

um hello, it is that you rare so much WISER and more RESOURCEFUL now is all!!! and trash is a perfectly aceptable toy-always available, always new and different, recycling/reusing=good for the environment, and of course, it could even have food in it!! what is bad about that?? it is the perfect thing! and the fact that you wiped it with a wipe, well, don't make the rest of us look bad....oh, and you can fold a straw into a triangle by ticking the ends into each other and voila! a whole NEW toy-ta da!!

Anonymous said...

LOL. You are so funny!! i completely relate to this post ... SO MUCH.

Michael said...

Funny!!!! That cracks me up!
I need to email you. I have had some sick kiddos lately, so I haven't had that much computer time:)

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Sunny said...

Oh, that is totally hysterical. Now there is no way in heck I feel bad for letting Petros play with lint he found on the floor because it kept him quiet for 5 minutes.
Sunny

nell ann said...

you are truly inspiring to the new mother in us all. : ) i say, "keep up the good work"!!!

Samantha said...

Too true! How we evolve as moms!

The Gresham Clan said...

SOOO true - trash is my son's best friend :)!

Maria and Family said...

ANYTHING to quiet a screaming baby in the car. ANYTHING. LOL. Very smart Mama :)

Our journey said...

I so dig your post and can realte to it every day!!!

Gypmar said...

You are a national treasure.