Saturday, February 9, 2008

MISSION COMPLETION-DOSSIER DONE!



And so it goes...another step towards baby boy. I just got back from mailing our dossier to our adoption agency. I keep expecting to feel this wave of relief and sense of completion and I guess I have it...a little. It was a huge benchmark to reach and I am acutely aware of the time and energy that went into this project. However, now it only brings more anxiety! Was everything done correctly? Will I have everything sent back to me with a big do-over stamp streaked across the pages? We were finally able to send in the dossier because our homestudy was actually complete and most importantly approved by our agency. It appears that it meets all Ethiopian guidelines for placement of a child with us. So that is definitely done and finished, that feels good. I then sent off the homestudy to immigration...a government agency...need I digress? Actually I will quickly say that all my communication with immigration so far has been really positive and timely. So I'm hoping it will continue. If we get our letter of approval from immigration we are immediately placed on the waiting list. All this time and energy and anxiety just to get on the waiting list! Geez!

1 comment:

SAS Theatre said...

Hi Jana,

Congratulations to you and your family! Sending in the dossier is HUGE! Your little boy will be with you soon.

Children's Home Society and Family Services (CHSFS) has the incredibly helpful forum. Also, African Cradle holds an Ethiopian Heritage Family Camp in Scotts Valley (Santa Cruz) during the summer.

I'll be in touch with you about our party in March.

Look forward to meeting you and your family,
Kim