So our adoption journey began with a simple application and fee sent to All God's Children International. After much Internet research and a few recommendations, we decided to go with this agency. They are so dang great! We are so grateful for such a professional group of people! From super thorough explanations, patience in dealing with extended amounts of questions, and weekly phone call updates to wonderful bi-weekly email updates, they have the process down pat. We also found friends with the Family Network in Capitola to complete our homestudy. They have been super terrific too. We are just about done with the dossier (the collection of paperwork that must be submitted, birth/marriage certificates, letters of good conduct from the sheriff-as in we don't deal drugs to unsuspecting little children in the neighborhood, letters of recommendation, medical clearances, etc x about 22). Also our homestudy is about done. We will turn in this precious little bundle to our agency, it will be sent to Washington DC to be authenticated and then on to Ethiopia to be placed on the wait list. We will also be frantically checking our mailbox for a very important letter from immigration stating that we are allowed to bring an orphan into the US. We are requesting a healthy infant boy. Meris our eldest (5 years) is very excited to have a baby brother and very keen on the idea of having a baby with brown skin! Kiera (2 years) is still in la-la land thinking she'll always be the baby. Sorry sister! We hope to be on the wait list in late February or March. We have been told that we will wait about 2-4 months for a referral and then fly to pick up our little guy in 3-5 months from acceptance. So there's the synopsis! More to follow.
7 comments:
Yeah! I am so glad you are doing this. And I will be one of those crazy people that check your blog every day.... I'm obsessed! Love you guys!!! Mary
I am so happy for your whole family. Thanks for keeping me updated through this blog. We'll pray your new man comes with no glitches in the process
Well as you know the Paul Fam is living proof as to how wonderful adoption can be ;). Thanks so much for setting this up so we can be updated on a regular basis, since we cant seem to get our schedules together. So very happy and excited for you all!!! You're doing it;)
We are so happy about the new little boy coming to the neighborhood. Really glad to see the blog too, now we don't have to ask the same questions over and over. If you get tired of waiting we can hook you up with a boy (or two) already potty trained, basic education out of the way, etc... just let us know. Lots of love, Geoff & Celeste
You are an amazing family. How blessed you will be when your son joins your family. I am excited to follow your journey. I will pray for his safe journey hear!
Love,
Michelle
I'm glad I have friends who keep me up to date...socially, technologically, and so on. I am so glad you are doing this too so I can keep track. I can't wait to hear when you get clearance! That will really be like the second line turning pink. BTW- very cute picture of the girls!! love you guys, Jess
hey jana, I just wanted to say, Thanks so much for posting about your journey! You totally kicked my desire into full gear on the adoption thing. Matt and I are going to attend a seminar at the Portland branch of All God's children this thursday! I've been reading and rereading the website and am so excited to see what God has in store for us.
Can I ask you a few questions?Feel free to email me your responses if you don't want to post them...erynkesler(at symbol)gmail(dot)com
Bottom line, do you know yet what this will cost? I've read all the fees etc, but I'm trying to figure out the bottom line. How did you guys pay for it all?Do you pay a little at a time, or all at once? I've been looking into some grants,etc. I guess I'll get some questions anwered on Thurday, but I 'm just so excited!
Post a Comment