Saturday, January 19, 2008

Uhhh...thanks Emeril!


So Meris and I have taken to watching "cook shows"on Food Network. I figure it's a great opportunity to eat more (as those of you who know me I love to do) and it's perfect for Mother -Daughter bonding. So in my mind for Mother-Daughter bonding to occur, it only seems natural that your daughter would only love, respect, and adore you more throughout this process and visa-versa as well. So we're snuggled up watching Emeril last night, salivating at the endless possibilities to tempt our pallet. Emeril exclaims, "Bam! And that's how it's done people" and shows off his delicacy of perfectly made and plated food. Meris with eyes wide open in amazement and pure innocence (and honesty certainly) says "Oh Mama, that looks so much better than anything you ever cooked (cooked is pronounced cook-ted)". I pretended to be slightly offended and hurt at such comments (ok maybe I was a little miffed). I then said well he must be a pretty good cook since he has a show. Meris corrected me and said,"Mama he's a good cook because he has a band that plays music while he cooks!" Well my goodness, if only I had a band.

Adoption note: Our homestudy was turned into our agency. It is being reviewed to make sure it is acceptable to the Ethiopian government.

No comments: